QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085 is a standard error encountered by QB users. It generally occurs when the log file QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged. Basically, Web Connector is a program developed by Microsoft that shares the data between QuickBooks Online and QB Desktop hosted on the web. In our blog, we will discuss the causes of the error 1085 and the solutions for it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085?
Following are the some of significant causes of the error. Have a look at them.
- When you can’t access the Web Connector QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- Due to the damaged and corrupted QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- The error 1085 occurs when the QuickBooks can’t write the Web Connector log file.
- Any damage to the QB Web Connector components might end up in this error.
- When you didn’t connect the QuickBooks to third-party programs.
Measures to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector error 1085
Method 1: Connect the QBWC file to the Third-Party Program
- Firstly, press the Windows+R keys to access the Run Windows.
- After the Run window appears, type MSConfig and press the OK button.
- Now, select the Startup tab.
- Then, tick the Quickbooks Web Connector checkbox.
- After that, you have to click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
- In the last, restart your computer and check for the error.
If you can’t fix the error by the above method, then we another method to fix it.
Method 2: Rename QBWCLOG.TXT File
- Firstly, got to Start and type Task Bar.
- After that, Task Bar will appear, and then right-click on the QB Web Connector icon.
- Now, click on the Exit button and then Windows File Manager.
- Once done, then visit: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- After opening, click right on the QBWCLOG.TXT file and click on the Save button.
- Now, reboot the Web Connector program.
- At last, restart your computer and reassess the software.
Symptoms of Web Connector Error 1085?
Below are the signs of the error 1085 occurrence.
- The web connector program will not work properly.
- The QuickBooks programs will freeze for some time when the error occurs.
- When you are not getting any proper response from the Windows.
- The computer system hangs for a while.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 1603
Contact Technical Support
In this blog, we have clearly mentioned the causes, symptoms, and solutions to fix the QuickBooks Web Connector error 1085. Both methods are easy to use, even a new user can operate them. If after following the above information, you can’t fix the error then contact the experts. This will surely help with your QBWC error 1085.