When you download YouTube videos, you can watch them without an internet connection, which is ideal for keeping yourself entertained on planes, trains, and trips to places without reliable mobile internet access.
Downloading YouTube videos is also great if you have a mobile plan with a limited data allowance. You can download them to your phone using your home Wi-Fi, and watch them on the move without risking going over your data allocation.
It’s surprisingly easy to download videos from YouTube and other video hosting sites – and you can do it free. YouTube itself provides some tools for downloading videos (on both desktop and mobile), and there are third-party tools that can do the job as well. Read on to find out how.
If you only want to save music from videos, or strip out the audio to turn it into a podcast, check out our guide to the best YouTube to MP3 converters. Using a mobile device? The best video editor for iPhone might be more your thing.
Download YouTube videos by using SaveFrom.net
- Open SaveFrom.net website and enter video’s URL to the corresponding field, at the top of the page.
- Click “Download” and you’ll see the list with all available links.
- Choose the desired format and get the file you need.
- That’s it, as simple as that!
- Also, you can download Savefrom.net apk and use it on your phone.
Is downloading YouTube videos legal?
Using third-party apps to download YouTube videos is against Youtube’s terms of service
– which state that you are only able to stream videos directly from its servers. Downloading YouTube videos also opens you up to potential copyright infringement unless you have permission from the copyright holder, it’s in the public domain, or you own the video yourself.