Quickbooks File Doctor is a software tool that will automatically scan your PC for any missing or corrupted files. It can also repair the errors it finds. Quickbooks File Doctor includes two options: File Doctor and Repair Utility. If you select File Doctor, then the program will scan your PC for errors to fix them and it will also install missing pieces of software. Repair Utility is an option that lets you scan for and find corrupt files, so you’ll know what parts of your system to back up beforehand. This way, if a file becomes corrupt, you can just restore the backup copy and be on your way.
If you have tried to open Quickbooks and gotten an error message, the company has launched a new version of the File Doctor that can fix many types of problems like Quickbooks error h202, Quickbooks won’t open, and so on. All you need to do is download the file and run it on your computer without any interaction from you. Your data will be saved, and your Quickbooks account will be fixed in minutes.
Reasons for QB File Doctor Not Working Issue
The following are some of the most common causes for this utility to stop working properly at times:
- You are attempting to access the files that have been included.
- Attempting to restore files but failing.
- The files are being updated.
- When you try to convert the old version of the corporate files via a network, an error may appear.
- Sometimes you miss a few QuickBooks files during the installation step.
- When the files are damaged or corrupted, the quickbooks file doctor error appears.
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks File doctor Not Working
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks file doctor by hand.
- Sometimes the problem is as simple as a flaw in the launch command receiving end. So, as seen below, try manually launching the application:
- Start the application and wait for the system to display the ‘No Company Open screen.
- Navigate to File –> Utilities –> ‘Repair File and Network Issues.’
- Click OK in the dialogue box that displays. QuickBooks file doctor relaunches the application with administrator privileges.
- Click the option “Yes” in the dialogue box that displays.
- To open the QuickBooks file doctor application, click the wrench symbol, then click Continue.
- To access your file, enter your user credentials. QuickBooks file doctor will immediately begin fixing your file.
- Select Advanced Settings from the drop-down menu. select the Quickbooks installation diagnostic tool only.
- Next, click the button.
- After the system prompts you, open your file and look for any problems or Repairs Required.
- If this approach fails to resolve the error, move on to the next remedy.
Note: We hope your query is solved for the completion of this article. But sometimes users face many types of errors & issues and think that what they do. So, in this situation, you can connect to the Quickbooks representatives with the help of how do I talk to someone at Quickbooks, they can definitely help you to solve this type of issue.
Solution 2: Recover the corrupted QBW file’s backup.
When the QuickBooks file doctor has launched automatically, it usually fails, displaying the error. Use the following steps:
- You must first create a backup of the damaged files. The backup aids in the replacement of corrupted files with saved ones.
- You must first open QuickBooks and select the “File” option, followed by the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Now, select the option that says “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and then click the “Next” button.
- Select “Local Backup” and then click the “Next” button.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu where you may look for and select the backup file location.
- You must first select the file with the “.QBB extension,” then click “Open” and then “Next.”
- An option “Save In” drop-down menu will appear, from which you must choose a “location” for restoring the files.
- The name of the file must be entered in the name column. With the insertion of the “*.QBW” file, a “Save as” field will appear immediately.
- To finish the restoration process, click the “Save”
In this blog, you can Fix your QuickBooks File Doctor has stopped working if you follow these steps and I ensure you, you solve this your error if your read this blog step by step and follow the solutions which are I mention above, I hope this blog is very helpful for you.