Flooring has always been a vital part of house decor; people tend to do many things to add to this beauty. Carpeting is one of them. These carpets with lavish looks enhance the beauty of your house; hence are the most valuable to keep clean to maintain that beauty. But, unfortunately, the bloodstains caused due to any mishappening can lessen the beauty you worked so hard for. So, with this article, we hope to provide you with the most awaited solution to the query – how to remove blood stains.
Though the best remedy is to act quickly, due to some reasons, you might miss your window to treat those stubborn bloodstains. Don’t worry; even if you could not do that, your carpet is not ruined forever. You can still clean the bloodstains with some everyday use materials quite easily.
These over-the-counter products can answer all your questions regarding how do you get old blood stains out of carpet?
It would be best if you were mindful while you try to clean the bloodstains. Dried blood stain removal is not easy anyway. However, the given methods will make your bloodstains go away instantly. Points to remember:
- The first thing that you need to do is brush the dried blood stain with a steel brush. Brushing the stain will loosen the stain and remove superficial deposits.
- Now, instead of rubbing the stain, dab it with a paper towel or cloth. This will prevent the stain from further spread of blood on the carpet fabric.
- Now clean it with a suitable cleaner.
- Understand your carpet fabric before treating it- There are various fabrics the carpets are made of. You need to be a little mindful of the material your carpet is made of before treating it with any chemical.
Let’s know about them:
1) How to get blood out of the carpet with cold water while it’s wet:
- Use a white cotton cloth to blot up the blood, put downward pressure on the stained area instead of cleaning it side to side. Side-to-side cleaning will spread the stain all along.
- Use little cold water to rinse and extract blood. Take water on a sponge and repeatedly blot the stain with a white cloth until the stain is not obliterated.
2) How to get blood out of the carpet with salt, best for just dried stains:
- Mix salt in cold water until it becomes a thin paste.
- Now apply the paste to the affected area and leave it for more than 5 minutes.
- Carefully blot the blood-stained area until it’s removed.
- Let it air dry
3) How to get the dried blood out of a wool carpet with dish soap:
- Add one tablespoon of dish soap and 2 cups of cold water to make a solution.
- Now start blotting the stain with a cotton towel until the stain is eradicated.
- Sponge the cold water and dab it dry with a dry cotton cloth.
4) How to use ammonia to clean dried blood from the carpet:
- Start with mixing two tablespoons of ammonia with a glass of water.
- While using a spray bottle, apply the solution of ammonia and water to the affected area.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Now, take a clean cotton cloth to blot the stain well.
- Repeat the last step until the stain is removed, let it air dry.
5) How to get blood out of the carpet with peroxide.
Cautionary statement:-Hydrogen peroxide can change the color of some carpets. Always test it on a small area of the rug first to avoid further damage. Keep this method as your last resort due to its side effects. Also, it can depend on the type of fabric your carpet is made of.
- Use a cotton swab and dip it in hydrogen peroxide. Apply hydrogen peroxide on the blood-stained area.
- Now after leaving for about 5 minutes, blot it with a clean cotton cloth.
- Repeat until the stain is removed and let it air dry after that.
6) How to get dried blood out of a synthetic carpet with water and ammonia:
- Take two tablespoons of ammonia with a full glass of water(approx.8 ounces) to make a solution.
- Apply the solution to the affected area and leave it for about 5 minutes.
- Now blot the stain with the help of a cotton towel until the stain is not removed.
7) How to get dried blood out of the carpet with water, baking soda, and white vinegar:
- Mix 2 cups of warm water, white vinegar, and four baking powder tablespoons in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the affected area and leave it untouched for 5 minutes.
- Now blot the stained area using a damp cotton cloth and let it air dry after.
8) How to get blood out of the carpet with shaving cream:
- Take a little shaving cream and form lather from it.
- Spread the formed lather on the affected area, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Now bring a slightly wet dish towel and blot the stain until it’s removed.
9) How to get blood out of the carpet with club soda:
- Soak a cloth in club soda and start blotting the stain.
- Keep blotting the stain until the fabric stops soaking the blood.
- Let it air dry, or use a dry vac.
10) How to remove blood stains out of the carpet with potato starch for wet blood stains:
- First, wipe any excess blood by dapping a clean white cloth or kitchen paper towel.
- Now dissolve the stain using cold water and a damp cloth.
- After this, try to blot and absorb as much liquid as possible to get the affected area dry.
- Now drizzle the potato starch on the affected area.
- Leave it for 24 hours; now, vacuum cleans your carpet.
All these methods are effective and tested. However, sometimes the carpet’s fabric can be a factor in the poor performance of any process. To ensure the results, always test the cleaning component on the hidden side of the rug first.
We assemble and decorate our house with lots of effort and love. It hurts when any of our favorite furnishings get ruined for such a reason. We do take care of our belongings as much as we can, but accidents are unavoidable. We hope that you will not say goodbye to your lavish carpets due to bloodstains.