QuickBooks error code 3371 is a commonly reported error in the program. Despite being one of the most applauded accounting programs, QuickBooks can show several types of errors. Some of the issues are easy to resolve, and users can fix them on their own. However, when a greater level of technical complexity is involved, you may look for some useful information on the Internet. Error code 3371 is also a perplexing error code, which is why this intuitive post describes all the important aspects related to the error, including its troubleshooting solutions.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks error 3371 is rather a series of errors that takes place when QuickBooks fails to load the license data. Improper installation of the QuickBooks on your machine is one of the main reasons behind this error. There are various instances of this error code that can appear with different error messages, as stated below:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371
- Error 3371, Status Code -11118
- Error: 3371, Status Code -1
The error message reads –
QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
When opening QuickBooks or reconfiguring QuickBooks software, license data is required. However, when QuickBooks fails to load it, the error message takes place abruptly on your screen. Also, you may not be able to open your QuickBooks Company (.QBW) file.
Why Am I Seeing QuickBooks Error Message 3371?
When the error occurs, the first thought that crosses your mind is what can be the possible reasons behind the error. Well! Below is the list:
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat (QuickBooks Desktop installation) file.
- When MSXML, which is an essential component of Microsoft, is required to recover the Qbregistration.dat file information. If damaged, QuickBooks error 3371 can take place.
- Missing, damaged, or corrupted Intuit license files can also bring forth the 3371 error when loading license data.
- When a user tries to back up QuickBooks data from the C drive to another drive, the error can take place.
- Partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks software on your machine can also evoke the error.
What Are The Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371?
The various instances of the error show up due to different reasons. When they occur, users experience a few symptoms on their screen related to the error 3371 in QuickBooks:
- Error code 3371, along with the specific status code appears on your screen abruptly.
- When the error strikes the program, you may not be able to access your company file.
- You might experience lags in your machine when mouse keyboard inputs are provided.
- In some cases, the error message can even crash your system.
When Does The QuickBooks Error Message Code 3371 Show Up on Your Desktop?
There is no fixed situation when the error 3371 can roll out; however, users are likely to get this error when QuickBooks is freshly activated. Some common instances when the error occurs are stated in the below-given list:
- When license information is missing or damaged during the QuickBooks installation.
- Moving QuickBooks installation from one PC to another.
- When the Windows component MSXML gets damaged.
- Moving data from the C drive to a different drive.
These are some of the most common instances users get concerning the error.
How To Eliminate QuickBooks Installation Error 3371?
After covering the important aspects of the error, let’s discuss the solutions that can conquer the error code before it can disrupt your workflow severely:
Solution 1: Fix Erroneous Installation Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
As we have already discussed that improper installation of the QuickBooks application is one of the most common reasons behind the error. Here, we will download and utilize QuickBooks Tool Hub for the error resolution. To use tool hub:
- Close QuickBooks and then make a visit to the Inuit’s official website.
- Now find the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and download it.
- Save the downloaded file to your Desktop so that the file can be accessed easily.
- Now go to the download location and double-click on the tool hub setup file.
- Install the tool by following the specified instructions and then agree to the terms.
- Agree to the terms and conditions for the installation of the tool.
- After the successful installation, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From within the tool, select Installation Issues.
- Moving ahead, select 3371 Error Fix and select OK.
- Start QuickBooks and examine if you can open your data file.
If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall The Entitlement File
The entitlement file is an essential file in the program that contains the information which tells that the installation of the QuickBooks program on the system is valid and the program is registered. When it is damaged, follow the below stated steps:
- From the Intuit folder, navigate to the Entitlement Client sub-folder and try to locate the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Once found, delete the file and then re-open the QuickBooks software.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and then provide the correct license information and the Product number when required.
- Re-register the QuickBooks to make sure that all the files are configured properly.
If this solution does not override the problem, it means the installation of the Windows is damaged.
Solution 3: Update Your Windows Manually
If you are running QuickBooks on your Windows Desktop and it stops responding all of a sudden, it means you haven’t updated the latest Windows files. To update:
- Go to the system settings and select Check for updates.
- Make sure that you see the message – You’re up to date.
Perform the reinstall QuickBooks if needed and then check if the applied solution is effective or not. If QuickBooks error 3371 still continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is an important utility in the software that detects the common installation issues in the program and fixes them. To run it:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub as we have already downloaded it previously. You need to open it on your server computer.
- Next, select Installation Issues and choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool here.
- Run the tool and wait until it detects and resolves the installation issues in the program.
- After the job is done, reboot your computer and check the status of the error.
Solution 5: Resolve The Problem Manually
If none of the solutions work, you need to eradicate the problem manually. Consider the below-given solutions:
- Resolve and troubleshoot the license & registration issues.
- Fix important Windows components, such as Microsoft.NET Framework, C++, and MSXML, by using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Reinstall the by using a clean installation method.
- Update QuickBooks software to the latest patch.
QuickBooks error 3371 is a daunting error code that can prevent you from accessing your QuickBooks company file, thus hampering your workflow. Before the issue gets worse, you need to take prompt action to resolve the error. The solutions are mentioned in this all-inclusive blog for help. Follow the steps with your full consciousness to get rid of it in time.