The multi-user mode feature is inbuilt in QuickBooks and helps the users work with multiple users simultaneously. Some users have reported QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error while switching to it. This error prevents multiple users from working on the same company file. This error can pop up on your desktop if any user tries to launch a company file on the server pc. Sometimes this error does not appear, but your QuickBooks keeps opening in single-user mode. This error can slow your productivity and restrict users from carrying out these activities on their QuickBooks. There are several reasons for this error to appear on your system. Go through them in the following section of this article. We will also learn some fixes that help the users to eliminate this error from their desktop. Go through this entire article to know more about the error.
Not able to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode due to QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error? Do not panic; we are here to help you fix this error in your QuickBooks. Call our experts on 1-855-856-0042 now and take their assistance in resolving this error.
Contributory causes that can lead to QuickBooks multi-user not syncing error in your desktop
We have listed the following causes that trigger this error on your desktop, go through them so you can avoid it later in your QuickBooks.
- The error can pop up when QuickBooks is not installed on your server.
- This error might arise if the firewall or antivirus does not allow communication between user computers.
- Check if your database server manager cannot access the company file, further causing this error on your system.
- Not correctly configured hosting settings are the root cause of the error.
- When your Windows firewall permissions are not set correctly, the QuickBooks multi-user mode not syncing error can show up.
- Having incorrect or corrupted DNS settings can also be one of the causes of this error.
A corrupted .nd file can also allow the error to come up.
Here are some pointers to note before you learn to troubleshoot this error
- Review if the exact version of the server manager is installed on your system as the QuickBooks version.
- Keep the QuickBooks server manager downloaded on your system.
Learn to fix the QuickBooks keeps opening in single user mode error
We have listed some solutions that can help the users to fix the QuickBooks keeps opening in single user mode error. You can follow them and improvise step by step on your system to eliminate the error from the desktop.
Solution 1: Operate the QuickBooks tool hub on your system
Step 1: Download the software
- Download the tool hub if you do not have it on your system.
- Access the download file and proceed with the commands on your screen.
- Do not forget to agree to the terms and access the tool hub once the installation ends.
Step 2: Operate QB file doctor
- Head to the company file issues in the tool hub.
- Select Run QuickBooks file doctor and give it time to run on your system.
- Check if the error has been resolved.
Step 3: Execute the QuickBooks database server manager
- Access the tool hub and then head to network issues.
- Pick the QB database server manager option from the tool hub.
- Type database in the start menu and head to QB database server manager.
- Utilize the browse option where the company file is located.
- Tap on ok and access the start scan button.
- Check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Review the host mode on all your pcs
- Head to the QuickBooks file menu and tap utilities after accessing your QuickBooks software.
- Once you see the option host-multi-user access option, head to another pc.
- After looking for the stop hosting multi-user access option, select disable hosting to start the QB single-user mode.
- Check if your ‘QuickBooks multi-user mode not working’ error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Alter the names of files with extensions .qbw, .tlg, and .qbw.nd
- Access your system’s QuickBooks desktop company file and tap the F2 key.
- You can see the company file location as the product information appears under the file information.
- Locate the files with extensions .qbw, .tlg,.qbw.nd in a similar folder.
- Rename these files by right-clicking on them.
Solution 4: Try to add the server to the Windows host file
- Access the Windows hosts file now in the first step, and then you will locate the file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc).
- Now access the notepad as admin and write in the server’s IP address.
- After using the tab key, enter the server name and tap on the save option from the file menu.
- At last, make sure you hit on the exit tab.
Solution 5: Move to multi-user hosting
- Open your QuickBooks application and update your company data file to the current version.
- Once you choose the file menu, move to the utility tab.
- Now select the host-multi-user access option in this step.
- If the earlier multi-user step-up is available, perform the steps on the screen.
You can take the help of the other solutions if the above solutions did not help you resolve this error from your desktop.
Solution 6: Attempt to ping the server from the workstation
- Access the start menu on the server and workstation that is triggering this error.
- Once you enter the network, access the network and sharing center.
- Tap on Change advanced sharing and then move to turn on network Discovery and printer and file sharing.
- Now get the server’s name and type cmd in the run window, further hitting the enter key.
- Heading to the cmd window, type in ipconfig/all and press the enter key.
- You will view the server name next to the hostname on your desktop and make a note of the hostname now.
- You must shift to the workstations to check and test the server.
- Tap on the start menu and access the run window to type in cmd in the run window.
- Type in ping_(your server name) and tap on enter; then, type in the server name without any brackets.
- For storing the company file, create a fresh folder on the hosting system.
- You will also need Windows access to share the company data file, so create an additional folder and copy the .qbw file to this new location.
- Attempt to use your QuickBooks in multi-user mode and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 7: Attempt to configure the default settings
- Access your QuickBooks and open the file tab by tapping on it.
- Once you hit click on utilities, pick the option to host multi-user access option.
- Enter the number of users with the company file and pick the option to cancel.
- Check if the multi-user mode is enabled, then first disable it.
- Get new login credentials for other users, and your setup is complete.
Solution 8: Consider reinstalling the software
- Head to the control panel after hitting the start tab and search for the option features and programs. You can locate it in your QB.
- Further, tap on QuickBooks and then move on with the uninstallation of your QuickBooks.
- Look for the official Intuit website and pick the latest version of your QuickBooks.
- Once you hit click on multi-user mode hosting, switch to it.
Solution 9: Review if all your QuickBooks services are operating correctly
- After moving to the Windows search field, look for service. msc.
- See if the QuickBooksDBXX service is on the list, and if the service is unavailable, continue with these steps.
- Check if the database server manager is installed on your server and QB for various years is installed on your pc.
- If the program runs on the system, activate the hosting on your server.
- Tap twice on the QuickBooksDBXX service and check if the value appears within the start-up type.
- Click on the start button and pick to restart the QuickBooksDBXX services for your first, second, and going on failures in the recovery tab.
- Now you can perform the above steps for QBCFmonitorservice too.
Access QB in multi-user mode and check if this error has been rectified.
Even after performing the above solutions, if you are still stuck with this error in your QuickBooks desktop, you can check if your QuickBooks is updated to the current version. Not updating your QuickBooks can also trigger many errors on your desktop. To avoid these bugs, try to update your QuickBooks as well.
We are wrapping up this article and hope the above fixes were helpful for you in eliminating the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error. You can get in touch with our QB professionals to seek any further assistance regarding this error. The users can also address all their queries to the experts and resolve them efficiently. Our experts are pros dealing with such errors and can help you eliminate this error immediately, so call them on 1-855-856-0042 .
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Missing PDF Component